New New York experiences
Today I went to IKEA…in Paramus, NJ…without a car!
There were several benefits to this decision:
- I didn’t have to go to Brooklyn on the 1/2 trains, or come back on the 1/2 trains with a bunch of stuff. From Brooklyn. I didn’t have to go to Brooklyn.
- It was FASTER than going to Brooklyn! Really! Maybe took about an hour.
- It only cost $8.50 round trip! To book the Zipcar, it would have cost about $40 PLUS tolls! $8.50 is less than one toll!
- By taking public transportation, I didn’t buy furniture that I obviously do not need. I couldn’t carry it.
- I ran a 0.007% risk of running into someone I knew. This is important since I definitely looked like an idiot. It took me about 4 loops of the entire Show Room AND Marketplace before I was satisfied with my purchasing decisions.
- I learned that no one really uses the NJ Transit buses during a weekday. There may have been 10 people on the bus maximum going either way. I’m totally going to use this bus system more often! I’ll find reasons!
Tomorrow, I will be going for a TATTOO CONSULTATION. I don’t really even know what that means, as I 100% intend to get the tattoo done by the artist I am seeing. It’s the best I could do for the week though – the artist was booked up. Her name is Wendi, and she lives at Rising Dragon on 14th Street. I’m not getting a dragon tattoo (maybe I should?)